Monday, June 1, 2020

End of the road

I’ve been posting here since 2011 and during that time I have covered a variety of subjects on military and intelligence history.

From the economics of war, to strength and loss statistics for the opposing sides of WWII, the performance of weapon systems and of course the use of codes and ciphers by the participants.

Especially in the field of cryptology I have presented new information using files that have been recently released to the archives of the US, UK, Germany and other countries. 

I’m happy to see that some of this information has found it’s way into new books and academic articles.

After covering all the cases that interested me I feel it’s time to stop updating this site. I am content with the essays I’ve written and I don’t think I have much to add to them.

Finally, I’d like to thank all the people who’ve helped me by giving me information and/or files. You know how much I appreciate it and how I’ve tried to repay you all by sharing my own material.

You can read my top essays here.

You can download files that I have copied from archives or received via the freedom of information program here.

10 comments:

  1. Farewell. Thank you for all you have contributed to our understanding of the cryptology of the Second World War.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Lasry6/11/20, 2:27 PM

    Huge thanks for your outstanding contributions to the history of codebreaking and exposing key historical records, with great commentary and narratives. Will definitely miss your fascinating updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris, I've been away some time, so I seem to have missed that you end this fanstastic blog. Thanks for all your efforts to provide us with such valueable historical information. A Titan's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just found your Blog. Amazing information thank your for all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sad news indeed. Your site has been a wonderful source of information. Thank you for all your incredible efforts to produce a vast amount of information and thought-provoking comments.

    I can only hope that the thanks of all of us may make you change your mind and continue (even if only occasionally) to update this fascinating website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sir, for your Great contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only just seen this, Christos. Sorry to see that you are closing up shop.
    You have performed an amazing service, and I just hope that all your research will remain available for all of us who have come to rely on it as a valuable resource.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you sir, it is and would remain as one of the best ww2 blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christos,
    Scope_Creep here. Bob. Sorry to here you are closing up shop. You have been an invaluable source for me particularly, in writing all those Wikipedia articles. I can honestly say I couldn't have done them without you. I doubt I would even have got started without your help. I really sorry your finishing up. Perhaps you can find somebody to hand the site off to. It has been grand journey. I wish you well.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw this now, nearly a year after you closed up shop.

    Thank you for producing amazing work for so many years.

    I have shared your site with many people over the past decade.

    ReplyDelete